Many people make resolutions every year, promising themselves to do better in at least one area of their life. Most resolutions are related to something physical, such as: losing weight, improving eating habits or increasing exercise.
Some resolutions, however, involve spiritual matters. People often make promises to be more devoted to God. If you haven’t made such a resolution yet, here are some suggestions.
- Read through the Bible this year. If this seems like too daunting a task, at least read through the New Testament. It won’t take nearly as long as you think.
- Strengthen your prayer time. Pray longer. Pray less selfishly. Pray about kingdom issues. Just pray!
- Encourage someone every day. Send an uplifting text or email. Write a note to someone you appreciate. Give someone a compliment or praise.
- Memorize Scripture. Commit key verses to memory so that you can meditate on God’s Word.
- Try to attend a worship service every single Sunday.
- Every Sunday, do your best to make someone glad they came to worship that day.
These are only a few suggestions for spiritual New Year’s resolutions. Do you have a different one to share?