Milo Sutcliffe and his wife, Jennifer, were working in their yard in Corpus Christi, Texas on May 27 when they encountered a four-foot-long rattlesnake. Milo cut off the snake’s head with a shovel, but when he bent down to pick it up, the snake bit him. Jennifer immediately called 911 and then drove Milo to the hospital. He survived the ordeal, but suffered seizures, internal bleeding and loss of vision from the snake’s venom. You need to be careful around poisonous snakes!
The Bible describes the devil as a dangerous serpent. Satan is not to be taken lightly. We must take every precaution to avoid this deadly snake.
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”—James 4:7.